Under the supervision of the City Clerk/Finance Director, the Utility Billing Clerk performs responsible work on a variety of data and accounting procedures in processing and maintaining the utility billing records of the city. This position builds and maintains all master billing files and records.
- Assists customers with concerns and complaints;
- Enters information in the computer on customer changes, moves, new accounts, and meter readings;
- Processes billing registers and customer bills;
- Balances billings and prepares percentage tax adjustments;
- Sorts billings, prepares SRS adjustments and mailings;
- Applies penalties, balances, and prints past due notices;
- Prepares paperwork for disconnects for non-payment;
- Coordinates Stutzman Refuse customers with city billing process.